Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Return to Routines

Eric returned to work this morning and had a full day. Matthew and Mary Alice each went back to school. It was a tough morning for everyone to get going.

Matthew asked me to drive him to school and bring Megan Ling in so that he could introduce her to his teachers. She loved the attention and again enjoyed waving to the children and greeting everyone with her wide smiles.

After that we went home for a snack and a short nap, then off to see her doctor. Once again, she was extremely cooperative in the exam and didn't even cry when the nurse gave her five vaccines! Her eyes teared up a little after #4, but she was really a trooper! I couldn't believe it. The nurse was practically crying, it hurt her so much to have to do that to Ling! Doctor Evelyn was very happy with Ling's development and health. She said she did not think there was anything else in her nose. Megan Ling needs to return in 4 and 8 weeks for one more shot each time, then a flu shot in the fall.

After the appointment we went home for lunch and another delicious two hour nap. Then it was already time for sister Mary Alice to come home. Megan Ling rode her tricycle (it has a handle, and I push--she can't quite pedal yet, but she's learning!) to the bus stop and picked her up.

We did a little gardening outside and she helped me plant some pretty annuals and I had some energy to tidy the edge of the bed. Then Matthew came home and they played together until dinner time. Publish Post

I am still very behind on my housework and my mail, but I have managed to get the kitchen cleaned up! My dear mother-in-law is coming over tomorrow to help me try and put the house back in some order. I am finally starting to feel somewhat human and possibly capable of this gargantuan task. How did it ever get this way? I know exactly how. It's because I put First things First, a lesson it took me three children to learn! Now I know how important it is to nap when she is napping and to forget everything else. I am lucky to have the ability to do this and I am taking full advantage of it. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will be able to sift through the piles and pull out any urgent business I need to take care of and that will relieve my conscience a little bit.

Sorry, no pictures today!

5 comments:

Mikenjane said...

Dear Linda,

Welcome home! Please continue your blog now that you are home. Megan Ling will continue to change so much over the next few weeks. I always find it very interesting to hear about the changes as the children begin to be fully integrated into their new families and communities.

I'm looking forward to meeting Megan Ling and congratulating all of you in person!

Best,
Jane, Mike, Ani and Elia

Anonymous said...

linda
things are somewhat normal for us too. the sleep schedule is still a problem though. chichi is doing great! glad to hear ling is also doing great!
ttys
coco

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda,
It is thrilling to read how well you all are coming along in this amazing family transition. I'm in awe! We are so happy for your family! You and Eric have been so strong...I can't imagine the exhaustion. And Matthew, Mary Alice and Megan Ling are incredible! Welcome home!!! Love, Amy and all the Chapman Clan

chica40208 said...

i have to ask why do the little girls have such short hair?

Anonymous said...

Jess has been home 6 months - at the doctor every month - and every month recieves multiple vacines. She too handles it all with such aplumb I am amazed at these little angels.

Thank you again for all you have done for our little Jess -

Kathleen - www.freewebs.com/jessieshome