Monday, May 5, 2008

A Mother's Grief

Last night, all the stress of the last few weeks finally burst out of me and I sobbed and sobbed for about an hour. I felt like I was feeling the grief from all of the losses in my life to this point, but most of all, I felt the huge sense of loss and grief that Ling's mother must have felt when separated from her. I know of no deeper pain than losing a loved one, and I felt like I was in labor as wave after wave of this grief washed over me. I had been yelling at my family a lot all day (maybe all week), trying to get things done, and was feeling very guilty and sad about that, too, so last night I cried and cried while they all got in bed with me and held me. I feel better this morning, but the tears are still there, just under the surface of my eyelids.....

2 comments:

Cupcakes and Hairbows said...

I so understand, Linda -- it is so stressful - so many unknowns, so much to anticipate over the next few weeks. You are doing the right thing and you all will be great! It is hard - just like having a baby, but God has brought you and Ling together for a very specific reason. Try to enjoy these days (easy for me to say, I'm not packing for China agian!). Everything will work out - it almost always does, right? Hang in there! Lucy

Anonymous said...

Linda everything will be fine.. as I can see you are already a great Mom and wife. It is ok to cry... one of the hardest things for me when we got Lily was that of knowing that we were taking her from all that she had ever had know in her life... and then I remember what my sweet husband said to me.... Deb... she will be ok... she will have her forever family and all the love and care anyone can imagine..Relax and enjoy Ming all will be just fine.. just be there for your little one and no stress they are so smart they will pick up on it ...
It will be ok but how wonderful that you and your family all loved on you..see that is a blessing ... love-
deb