Saturday, January 24, 2009

Guy


Last night, my mother called me and said Guy was not feeling well. He had been up the previous night with a stomach bug or something and had not eaten or even gotten out of bed all day. Several years ago this happened and he narrowly escaped severe dehydration, so needless to say, she was worried. In anyone, this would be a problem, but Guy is extra vulnerable as he will celebrate his 93rd birthday in April. Later in the evening we spoke again and Mom said that he felt a little better and was going to get up and have coffee and tea, so that was a relief.

Guy is my stepfather and they have been married since I was about 10, which is over 30 years! He has been a wonderful part of my life and I love him dearly. He has 7 children of his previous marriage and I have always enjoyed my relationships with them very much. We are particularly close to Billy & Janis, who visited with us at Christmas time and are pictured in that post.

Here we are in 2004 with some of "the girls". I have no idea why that box is there, but it cannot be removed. Too bad.


Megan loves to "see" Grandpa Guy on the webcam through Skype, which she calls "online". Mom never thought he would be interested in this, but he is and he comes happily to the computer to see her, send her kisses and sing her songs.


Here is Guy jamming with Marty, Thanksgiving 2003



And our most recent trip to see them in Florida, April 2007.


1 comment:

Amy said...

This is beautiful, Linda. I hope Guy is feeling better and that you have many many more opportunities to make happy memories together.

{{{{Big Hug}}}} Love, Amy