Friday, January 30, 2009

Dad's 80th Birthday Party!

We had a festive Celebration in honor of my Dad's 80th birthday. Marty & Cindy flew up for 24 hours (from noon Saturday to noon Sunday) so we had an intense, heartwarming visit. We had a wonderful relaxing lunch at Sue's home, and spaghetti dinner at ours. I was so anxious to spend as much time as I could with Cindy that I woke her up at 7:00AM on Sunday, so we could be together again!! I had been up since 5AM and I could not wait any longer. We had a great morning, the family came back over for brunch and then the whirled home, back to Georgia.


Here's Megan, waiting for Uncle Marty and Aunt Cindy to get off the airplane!! She is so excited.



Apparently so are they.

Megan went around with camera in hand and took pictures of everyone. I censored the series that included shots of everyone's bottoms!






Dad requested Spice Cake with Dark Chocolate Frosting as his birthday cake.


His pie request was Sour Cherry, which was made by Eric's mom, with cherries grown off the tree in their front yard. Have you ever seen such a perfect pie?? It was delicious.



Here is the birthday boy, with Cindy and my sister, Sue's son, Ben.



My sister's other son, Alex, and friend, Ashley.





Megan got lots of hugs that day.

PS. Thanks to everyone who commented to me that they are still out there reading! I am happy to know that so many of you get joy from keeping up with our life events! I enjoy my the blogs that I follow and even though I wax and wane in my ability to keep up with them all, I feel that I have friends all over the world!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Linda's Dad! These pictures are so great, Linda. It's obvious that a grand time was had by all! I love how close-knit your family is. What a blessing. :) Love, Amy

p.s. I couldn't keep my eyes open last night. We got home from the banquet so far past my bedtime. I still have an email headed to you, sweet friend.