Saturday, January 24, 2009

Eric's Birthday!!

First thing, and very important!! Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband.

Eric and I met in college in our sophomore year. I was 17 and he was 18. He was walking on crutches , having injured his ankle "pretending" to ski down a grass covered hill in front of his dorm. I had seen him around the previous year, and but did not really know him. I commented on how tall he was and that I thought he grew a lot over the summer (I am under 5 feet, so everyone looks tall, but on the crutches, and standing above me on a hill, he looked huge). A few weeks later, my friend and I met him again, much improved, and this time riding a bike down the big hill, into town, as he had drawn the shortest straw and had to go get the beer. He said he and his suite mates were watching the movie, "Stripes" and invited us to join them. Well, Becky and I did, and from that moment on, I was in love with Eric. We talked all through the movie and way after everyone else had left. He was badly in need of a haircut and told me that his mother was the only one who ever cut his hair. I sympathized and immediately offered to do this for him (even though I never did before!!!) The next day, he showed up for his "appointment" at my suite and my friends and I giggled through it. He told me if I did a good job he would let me cut his hair for the rest of his life. 23 years later, I am still the only one cutting his hair. I am not sure how I knew what to do, but I got the job and I am so thankful. Eric has been the best friend and support imaginable and I am blessed by his presence in my life! Happy Birthday, Honey!! I love you!!!!

College Days


"The Haircut" (Looks like I needed one, too!)



Graduation, May 1990


Wedding Day, June 1990


Before kids, about 1993


After kids, 2008


2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Linda, I LOVE this post! What a great story and what a sweet tribute to your hubby! The pictures are THE BEST! You guys were made for each other!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERIC! (And congratulations, Linda, on snagging that job all those years ago!)

With Much Love, Amy

Coco Lizana said...

linda and eric!
these pictures really made me LOL! linda, you look about 12 in your wedding photo. what a great story with hilarious pictures!!!!!!!!!
coco