Friday, December 10, 2010

Last Post from China, part 2

Well, I am getting closer to home time, as I did not sleep much at all last night. I finished packing at 10:30, read a little bit, and for the first time in China had a difficult time falling asleep. Fall asleep, though, I did. Only to be awakened at 12:30AM by a very large thud and crying, heard right through those trusty earplugs!! Shanna had fallen right out of bed! The room was so dark and the space between the beds so small, that it took me a few beats to find the light and figure out what happened! She was still half asleep, but when we got her back on the bed she pointed to Megan (who was half asleep herself and no way involved). We shushed everyone and they quickly fell back asleep. Eric and I did not, and slept very lightly until our 4:15am wake up call. We are all dressed now, at 5am and ready to finish packing and go to breakfast. It is a good thing that she did not fall out of bed on the first day, or I would not have gotten a wink of sleep this whole trip as I was constantly checking the bed to be sure she was not on the edge!

Linda, who will be glad to sleep on the plane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels to you all...we hope it goes quickly now and without any problems along the way!

Love, Kathy

Mikenjane said...

Congratulations again and safe travels home! Happy holidays to your family as you settle down to being a family of six now. We look forward to welcoming Shanna in person, perhaps at Lunar New Year, and hearing all about your trip in person.

Best,
Jane, Mike, Ani and Elia