Wednesday, June 30, 2010

On Our 20th Wedding Anniversary

Dear Eric,

Today we are celebrating 20 years of marriage.
I am so incredibly lucky to have you
as my husband and the father of our children.

Eric
Strong, stable, devoted, loyal, cheerful, hard working,
smart, tender, loving, persistent, tolerant, supportive,
fun, open minded, patient, willing, relaxed, handsome.

When I met you, even at 17 years old, I immediately
knew that I could spend a lifetime with you,
and that we were meant for each other.

The words we spoke 20 years ago today
are as true now as they were then.

I promise you today, the rest of my life.
I will faithfully love, cherish and support you
throughout all that we will face together.
I will continue to encourage you to grow
in directions that you choose,
while constantly loving you
for the person that you are
and the person you are becoming.
In times of sadness, I will take the strength
that you have given me and return it to you.
In times of happiness, I will
rejoice with you in celebration.
With God's blessing and for the rest of my life,
this is my solemn promise to you.


June 30, 1990







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

may you have many more years together of love, laughter and joy!!! Happy 20th Anniversary! Love, Sue & Jim & Benn & Alex

Anonymous said...

You two haven't changed a bit!

Your dress is still the most beautiful I ever saw!

It was a beautiful day - who knew all that would happen(and everyone who would come into your lives)in twenty years!

Love,
Kathy & Evan