Thursday, June 3, 2010

BIG Steps in Paperwork

Yesterday, lots of progress was made with our adoption papers. Our homestudy was finalized and notarized and I zoomed to pick it up and immediately FedEx it off to Lewisville, TX where the USCIS (immigration) will look it over, take our $830 and invite us to be fingerprinted by the FBI. Then once our prints are approved, they will issue a document (I-797) which will state our eligibility to bring an orphan into the United States. Once I have this in my hand it will complete our dossier and I can begin to get all the certifications and authentications that are needed. After that it is ready to go to our agency and on to China.

We are still waiting for Shanna's care package to arrive in China. I don't know what the hold up is and I did NOT track it, and now I am sorry I didn't. My contact (Ann of Red Thread) says not to worry.  But, of course, I am still worried and hoping it arrives soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda and Megan, Have not been on your blog in a while and was so excited to learn that you are adding to your amazing family!! How Exciting!!! What a blessing for you and your family and for Shanna as well. I wish you all the happiness as you add this new additon to your family. Miss You!! Hugs and Kisses to Megan, Luv Miss Sue