Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another Angel Friend

Care Package #2 is on it's way to my Angel Friend, Erika, who is going to China to adopt her daughter in a few weeks. She will hand our package to the Shantou staff, for Shanna. I have no idea what happened to Care Package #1, as it has been 4 1/2 weeks since I mailed it out to China and it has yet to show up in China customs. I can live without the dress and candies, but the photo book I made for her was important to reproduce. I made another one (luckily, the pages were saved on my computer) and I added some additional pages. If you look closely at the cover, you will notice a "3 photo story" (suggested by my dear friend, Stacey) of Shanna alone, our current family, and our family with Shanna in it. (Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child by Patty Cogen). Matthew "Photoshopped" Shanna into the picture. It's pretty amazing and real looking. Here are all the items I am sending her. I pasted her Chinese name on each of the two books; the journal for writing her ideas and questions and the sketch book for her drawings. The earrings are little clip on silver and pink kitty cats. I forgot to take a picture of the wrapped packages but I wrapped each individually and tied them all together in a big pack and they looked so cute!! I can't wait for her to see everything. To see inside the photo book (the original book) click here).

No comments: