Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Language Update & Another Family Dinner

School is going very well for Megan. She really enjoys the singing and movement of the three year old classroom. Her language is expanding rapidly. She is now saying things like "I do", "I sleep", "I eat", "I cut", "Mine", "Myself" and many other "proper noun-verb" combos. She understands things like "We need the umbrellas" and can easily go and get them for me. It's really quite amazing. We can understand many of her words, with context, but her articulation is still very distorted (improving) and she leaves the endings off most words. The sign language is very helpful to us all!!

Iris & Dad hosted a pre Thanksgiving family dinner for us (as we travel to GA to see my brother and his family each year), complete with Turkey and fixings. It was wonderful. We met, Jordan, a friend of the family, who is a very amazing young man. He is 16 years old and fascinated with China. He has taught himself to read, write and speak fluently in Chinese! He talked and played with Megan and they both really enjoyed themselves. Megan seemed to understand some of what he said, and responded a tiny bit in what sounded like some Chinese, but as it was in China when we first met her, she seemed to have not much more ability to make Chinese sounds than she does in English. On the way home she was yelling something that sounded like "I love Jordan (jah jah)!" making me laugh.

Here are some photos. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of Megan and Jordan, although he offered to baby sit anytime and I will definately take him up on it and get a picture then!!


Sue & Jim


Silly Megan!

1 comment:

Robin Wilson said...

How did Megan do on her first halloween?