Saturday, January 26, 2008

1/25 Visiting Orphans Mission Trip to Ling's Orphanage 7/07


We were fortunate to immediately find the blog of another adoptive mother who led a ministry trip to Chaoyang SWI last summer (http://visitingorphanschaoyang.blogspot.com/ ). She and others on the ministry trip shared many photos of Megan Ling with us. We are most grateful. The trip was taken in July 2007. Ling was 3 years old at the time.

When I asked what she knew about Ling, she said

"What can I say about Ling? She is a doll baby!! A couple of my girls just claimed her as "their baby". She loved to string beads, eat anything and everything we had, and follow us around. She was a snuggler too, my girls loved that!

We are so relieved to see that she is well-cared for, happy and connected with other people. The internet is an amazing thing. Without it we would never have been able to have this wonderful insight into our little girl's China life.

Here are more photos at Chaoyang SWI, including a birthday party for all the kids, and a group photo of the whole orphanage.

I love how bright and cheerful Visiting Orphans has made it!

These are some of the Chaoyang Nannies, and one of the ministry angels.

































































































4 comments:

Journey To Luke said...

Oh my gosh.........I am stting here reading your blog (very nice by the way) just bawling my eyes out. God is so good! I'm in awe of the miracles HE shows us everyday. Little Ling is the latest miracle (along with your friendship).

Love and prayers,
Auntie Liz :)

Unknown said...

She is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet her. Congratulations!!!!
This blog is so nice - what a great way to share!

Love,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

We're so happy for you ! - Lynn and Daryl

Unknown said...

Linda,

I am so happy for you. She is such a lucky little girl. I know you've been waiting so long and oh my was she worth the wait!! She is adorable! I hope these next few months go by quickly - I'm thinking of you.

Love,

Rose