Sunday, January 27, 2008

1/27 Friendships Formed Across the Miles




This is a picture of my new friend, Elizabeth, and her beautiful family. Linsey was adopted in 2003 from Hunan, and Luke was adopted in 2006, from Hainan. Elizabeth, lives in California (we are in NY). She and her church team went on a Mission Trip to Chaoyang SWI in July 2007. The trip is documented in her blog http://visitingorphanschaoyang.blogspot.com/. Thanks to Elizabeth, for helping me achieve this wonderful goal of blog ownership! I always wondered how people did this and had no idea it was so simple. I had it all done in an hour!



This is a picture of Elizabeth's daughter, Amy, holding our daughter, Megan Ling, during the mission trip last summer.


This is a picture of my friends Susan and Richard, their son Harrison and their newly adopted daughter, Hannah Miao Miao, on Hannah's Gotcha Day, December 10, 2007. Susan and I met at the Great Wall China Adoption Conference in Tampa in November 2007. I am sure we were meant to cross paths, as she has been instrumental and inspirational in Eric's and my decision to open our hearts and minds to an older waiting child. Hannah is blossoming in her new family and I am so happy for all of them!

2 comments:

Journey To Luke said...

Okay.........since we're such good friends now, let's get this straight. :) Linsey if from Hunan and Luke is from Hainan. I had NO plans to ever visit Chaoyang....it was a GOD thing. ;)

Simply-Family said...

Editor's note: this misunderstanding was entirely my fault and the result of a brain freeze based on an overload of joy and love, combined with trying to publish a blog while simultaneously doing laundry and trying to remember to make dinner for the rest of my non-adopted family... ;)

It has been corrected on the original post. I hope it is okay, now. Elizabeth, I am thankful that you went to Chaoyang, no matter what the reason and circumstances!!!!!