Friday, September 16, 2011

Funny Conversations

Megan (to Shanna): So, are you busy today?
Shanna: Yep, how 'bout you?
Megan spreads arms wide
Shanna: Big?
Megan spreads arms wider
Shanna: Bigger!!??
Megan spreads arms even wider 
Shanna: So Big??? WOW! Lots of work! Busy everyday, every single day, too busy (big sigh)

Shanna (to Megan): Megan, my office near hospital. What's your office?
Megan: My office is near Wegman's
Shanna: I don't want to go to Wegman's. I go to hospital.

Mommy (to whoever is listening): Mary Alice had a big fly in her room last night.
Shanna: How 'bout me?
Mommy: You did not have a big fly in your room last night.
Shanna: Why?

Megan left her jacket on the bus (3rd day of school) and I found it in the bus garage "Lost and Fountain" as Shanna calls it.

While we were organizing the art table one day, Shanna asked to use the label maker to label the drawer with her colored pencils. She typed out "SHANNA'S PENCILS". I double checked her work and noticed that she inadvertently left out the "C" and the "L"...... :) Obviously, I fixed it before printing!

Shanna's language is growing everyday. I was telling her "Remember how you used to say "a neeny bit"? Now you say "A little bit"." She said "you mean when I was little?"  :)

Everyday, Megan gets off the bus with a note and a scrawled name and phone number of a new friend that she wants to have a play date with! There are some problems in the recording. 

It makes me smile. Every bit of it.



No comments: