Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Shanna Joins the Mural

When we were waiting for Megan, in early 2008, we hired Diana, a local artist, to decorate the room. I told her I wanted Chinese characters on the wall and a mural of my three children and she worked her magic.


This was the result; which I absolutely loved.


Diana came back, today (2 1/2 years later) and added in Shanna
(and made Megan's hair longer).


Once, again... magic. She fits right in.
This is the view from where the girls will lay in bed.
Every morning and every night they will see family.


Here is Megan's Chinese name: Min Bao Ling


And Shanna's Chinese name: Shan An Shuang

Every step a step closer....


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

A Cup of Cold Water said...

it's beautiful!!!! she does such a wonderful job! i love the simple faces she paints - it allows your imagination to fill in so many details, something i love!

Bo, Becky, and Sophie said...

Oh, wow, Linda! I love it! What a special way to welcome each new family member. I'm sure Shanna will love seeing herself in the mural.