Friday, June 6, 2008

The Nose Knows!

My brother was right! There was something else in her nose. At his suggestion, and because of the continued smell coming from her skin, I called my pediatrician about it today and by the time the office got back to me, it was late in the afternoon. The office referred me to an ENT and called to set up an appointment on my behalf. The ENT office told my pediatrician's office that I should take her immediately to the ER at Children’s hospital because it could go into her windpipe if she sniffs it up. I did not think it was that much of an emergency but I went anyway. There was a very wonderful ENT from that office on duty. She was very sweet and good with Megan Ling. Right away she said she had the "foreign body smell". She looked way up her nose and could see something, deep inside and she reached in with a long, bent forceps and after a few moments she pulled it out. It was enormous! A little larger than the size of a nickel! I am not really sure what it was, but it was horrible smelling and it seemed very hard. I cannot believe it was in there. Megan Ling did not even cry. Not even a sound, just complete compliance and she never moved. She even helped hold the doctor’s light. We were amazed. The doctor said she had never seen a child behave like that. Like my Grandma always said “Oh boy, what a girl!”

And just in case you have forgotten how cute she is, here are pictures of her baking her first chocolate chip cookies:





and loving her cat, Misty.
Again, I thank God for this child!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, yuck!!! what a happy ending to a yucky story! heehee LOL

ttys
coco

Lesa said...

It wasn't it there since China was it? Strange, but good thing all is well.
Agency friend.
Feel free to go to our blog.